Monday, February 12, 2007

What is it going to take

So I am just coming off of an injury, and my legs are getting kind of mad with all this new pounding that I am adding to them. I figured that I could just walk up to our equipment manager and I would get what I need: new shoes. Last week, I went into the Oxley every day after practice, yellling for Adam, the equipment guy. No response. A couple days later I was like this is ridiculous. So many people on my team were running around with new gear. I know I was injured but I am still a part of this team. Does coach want me to be injured again for running in bad shoes? So finally this morning, Linn, one of my teammates and I walked back to Adam's office. What we found was a guy in boxer shorts and a sweater opening the door, with sleep in his eye. You got to be joking me. I simply said, "It has been a few weeks that I have seen people with new gear, and coach said you should have brand new shoes for all of us, do you have what I need." Adam replies: "Oh no. I just ordered all new shoes, they should be in next week, and I have no gear." Right then, I knew that was pure laziness. I have seen that equipment room, and there is always something to give. This is a division 1 school, and the hard work we put in, we deserve better from the staff.

No comments: