Monday, February 26, 2007

CROSS TRAINING


Cross training. Believe me as an alumni of the injured group I definitely know how important it is to cross train.
Cross training consists of activities that do not cause pounding to your legs such as bicyling and swimming.
My boyfriend, who is also on the soccer team, is going through an injury. He just does not understand the importance of staying strong while recovering. I was never use to cross training before I came to college, but thank god for it. My coach would have me sweating like I never sweat before on the eliptical.
An aqua jogging they say will keep you in the shape you left in up to six weeks. So believe me cross training does pay off. He is just going to have to suck it up and do it. A1A is georgous to bike ride down anyways.
Just to prove it to you, when I came off my stress fracture, it only took me three weeks and I ran my second to best time in the 5k ever.

No comments: