Wednesday, February 7, 2007

COACH or FRIEND

When does a coach go to far on the friendship level. I have been running for many years and have seen many coaches. Some I would call just a coach and some I could also call a friend. My freshmen year of college, I still had a very close realtionship with my high school coach so I thought I would automatically have one with my college coach. I made a close bond with him and thought that he was like a second father becuase my dad was all the way on the other coast, and when he brought me over her he promised to take care of us when we signed a scholarship. Then I started to have a rough season, and the one person that I thought would be there for me, wasn't. It was my fault I was not running well and he did not understand. I got so frustrated and so betrayed I almost quit. But I sucked it up because I truly do love running and stuck with it. I came out of my little rut and this year kept the relationship strictly on a coach and teamate level as did many more of the athletes on my team. That is all we are there for right? If we do our job then we should be ok.

No comments: