Wednesday, February 7, 2007

OVERHEARD THIS WEEK


I thought of a new post that would be fun to do each week. Many things are seen and heard in the Oxley. So the best quote that I hear will be the subject for the post.For those of you who do not know the Oxley is the athletic center at FAU where one can find locker rooms, a training room, study hall, and conference rooms. Well this weeks subjects are a couple of swimmers and their coach that I walked past during a conversation. The swimmers were complaining to there coach that they felt sick because of the cold weather, rain, and 6 a.m practices. To my surprise the coaches reply was a simple, "That's just a myth. Cold weather does not make you sick". I was shocked. Are you serious? Do the coaches care about our health? So I decided to do some research on the very reliable search engine google. At pioneerthinking. com I could not believe what they had written. Is it fact or fiction? Well the website replied: Fiction. Cold weather has nothing to do with catching a cold. Many people become ill due to the fact that we tend to spend more time indoors in close contact with other people in heated homes. Because of the heated close quarters, germs are more easily passed from person to person. Well I still don't believe it. Come on, if I was to sleep in the cold weather by myself, you can't tell me I will not feel like I have some sort of cold.

No comments: