Thursday, March 22, 2007

MEETS

Track meets. I bet most of the people reading this have never even been to one.

Well a track meet is a day long of field and running events of all distances. I run the 5k which is usually the last race of the day. But that does not mean I can go an hour before my race. We have to attend the whole meet to show support for the team.

This might sound boring. But believe me, sit through a Junior Varsity meet of the hurdles. Just watch and it can be interesting to see how many people might just end up eating it. Ouch. That could sound mean but I have never seen any really bad injuries.

Numbers of teams compete at once and the better the competition the more intense a meet can get.

Just remember sunscreen and a blanket if you ever plan on attending because you are there when the sun goes up and the sun goes down.

No comments: